We went to Paris and had lunch at the Jules Vern restaurant to celebrate Mary Catherine’s 40th birthday. This was a recommendation of one of my clients (Thank you) and I was a bit nervous about going because we usually have not so great experiences in these tourist type restaurants but this was tremendous. Really, really tremendous.
- Champagne (of course)
- Chilled melon
- Chilled pea soup with egg (easily one of the best dishes I have ever had)
- Pork, vegetable and potato (really it was butter with some potato)
- Rabbit, potato, swiss chard
- Strawberry with coconut & sorbet
- Chocolate with raspberry (and a nice birthday wish) and a frozen raspberry dish
- Marshmallows, macrons, cookies and chocolate truffles (Oh my – I could have eaten just this…)
- A 2005 Chateau Haut-Marbuzet, bubbly H2O and coffee
The view was amazing (we didn’t even have window seats), the atmosphere was gorgeous, the service was over the top French and we really enjoyed it all.